BR(W) Somerset and Dorset section, Telephone circuit notice, issued in September 1959 WR Telephone circuit No 763 , S. A.2207 for the section Evercreech Junction to Templecombe, lists the following, Evercreech Jct, Lamyatt Crossing, Bruton Road Crossing, Cole Signal Box, Wincanton Signal Box, Cheriton Crossing, Templecombe Exchange, Templecombe South Signal Box. Had a spell at St Philips Marsh before returning to South Wales. British Railways Southern region BR(S) enamel F/F 24 inch x 12 inch LADIES in the experimental pink that was used at a couple of London stations, good colour and shine and with a small repair but a rare sign. Built Swindon Works in September 1937 and allocated new to Swindon.LNER 3 aspect Handlamp GNR double piecrust small pattern, in original condition unusually painted Red, complete with all glasses, fore and aft slide in reservoir and Brass plated London & North Eastern Railway DONCASTER YD. By August 1950 it was allocated to Penzance and by March 1959 to Newport Ebbw Junction.The dial is free from chips and has GWR enamelled below the XII position as well as the makers name.The good quality Nickel case has matching numbers 230 to all parts and the back of the case has GWR hand engraved onto it and the number 2029 machine engraved, the numbered movement 328340 is fully signed Lancashire Watch Co Ltd Prescot & London and the records show that this was made with 4 pairs of extra jewels and supplied to the GWR on the 15th March 1900.
Villas and terraces with distinguished names like Kensington and Windsor Place were constructed during the second decade of the 19th Century and the street became a quiet and narrow suburban thoroughfare known as Saughie-haugh Road.
Comes with a framed Certificate of Merit for entry into the 57th Model Engineering Exhibition January 1st - 9th 1988.
Live Steam model 3.5 inch gauge of Southern Railway Schools class 900 Eton, a well engineered model with fluted coupling rods, full brake gear and other detail, the model has certainly been used but no certificates are present. Ex GWR 2-8-0 Locomotive built Swindon October 1912 and allocated to Pontypool Road. Enamel double sided Motoring sign 18 inch x 18 inch RAC APPROVED, in good condition with a few chips, makers name Bruton Palmers Green N13 and Royal Automobile Club Pall Mall London SW1 enamelled on the base.
Much of the street is situated on a hillside that was probably once moorland, parts of which may have been wooded and others later cultivated.
The sauchie haugh or willow meadow from which the street derives its name was probably a low-lying area located near what would later become Charing Cross.
Sauchiehall Street is a name unique to Glasgow and yet known well beyond the city limits.